Data Protection general
Protecting personal data has high priority for GIZ. We therefore wish to inform you below about the personal data we store and how we use it.
For statistical purposes and to improve our service, this website uses technology provided by the company Piwik, which evaluates and then deletes data. No other use is made of the data, and the data are not passed on to third parties.
Web analytics opt-out feature (using an iFrame)
Below, visitors can “opt-out” being tracked by the Piwik server. By default, all of the website visitors are tracked, but if you opt-out by clicking on the iframe link, a cookie ‘piwik_ignore’ will be set. All visitors with a piwik_ignore cookie will not be tracked.
Every time you visit a page on the GIZ website and every time you download a file, information about the activity is processed and stored in a temporary protocol file. Before it is stored, each data set is rendered anonymous by altering the IP address.
The following information is stored for each page you view and each file you download:
- Technical details of the browser used
- Anonymous IP address
- Date and time
- Page opened/name of the file downloaded
- Quantity of data transferred
- Notification of whether viewing or download was successful
Temporary session cookies are used each time you view an individual page, to make navigation easier. Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in your browser cache. Session cookies do not include any personal data and expire at the end of each session. We do not use methods such as Java applets or ActiveX controls that make it possible to track your browsing behavior.
You may at any time lodge an objection to the storage of your anonymously collected visitor data, so that these will no longer be collected in future. Please send an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Protection Registration
Protecting personal data has high priority for GIZ. We therefore wish to inform you below about the personal data we store and how we use it. GIZ takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure the personal data against unintentional or intentional falsification, destruction, loss or access by unauthorised persons. GIZ staff members are obliged to handle this information in a proper and confidential manner.
- Any personal details collected as part of the registration form will only be used for the purpose of processing the subscription and dealing with your enquiries and for the conference preparation.
- Furthermore the data will be used for the purposes of networking and sharing of information among cooperation partners and supporters and is only visible for registered and logged in users of this website
- Postal addresses and email addresses that you provide when you make your registration will be used exclusively for correspondence or delivery purposes.
- Access to personal data is restricted to web administrators of the GIZ Emerging Markets Dialogue-Team who have to process this data for the mentioned purpose and who will handle it in a proper and confidential manner.
- No use will be made of your details for consulting purposes, for advertising or for market research.
- The web administrators use appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure data against unintentional or intentional falsification, destruction, loss or access by unauthorised persons.
- The data will not be forwarded.
- The data will be used exclusively for the purposes described in this declaration. Any other use will always be dependent on renewed consent being granted.
- Cookies are small text files that are stored locally in the buffer of the website visitor's Internet browser. We use them for the duration of the web session to identify users when they log on, select the correct menu language and ensure the session runs smoothly. It is possible to deactivate cookies within the browser, but this may have a detrimental effect on application functionality.
- The person signing this declaration is entitled to inquire about their personal data, to have the data corrected if necessary, and to demand that the data be deleted. The data will then be deleted. The consent given to use personal data can also be revoked at any time.